Making a Complaint
To make a complaint by telephone please call 0345 130 4145*.
Lines are open Monday - Friday 9:00 - 17:00.
If you wish to complain in writing, please send your letter to:
North Yorkshire Mortgages Ltd
Or you can fax it to 0344 892 1815.
Alternatively, if you have registered to access your account online, you can send us a message through the messaging system in the Your Account section.
These guidelines have been produced as an easy guide on how we will deal with your complaint, in the event that our service falls short of your expectations.
Where we have been able to resolve your complaint by the end of the third business day following receipt, we will send you a letter known as a Summary Resolution Communication (SRC) to confirm the complaint has been resolved. Should you subsequently decide that you are dissatisfied with our resolution, you may be able to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. The SRC will explain how you can do this.
In the event that we are not able to resolve your complaint within 3 business days, we will follow the steps detailed below:
- We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 business days of receipt and a member of our Customer Response Team will investigate your concerns.
- In most cases you will receive a response within 4 weeks of us initially receiving your complaint. However, in the unlikely event that we are unable to provide a response within 4 weeks, we will write to you with an update, explaining the reasons for the delay, along with details of when you can expect to receive our response.
- Following this we will write to you again with our findings.
- If you still remain dissatisfied or in the unlikely event of us not issuing our Final Response within 8 weeks, you have the option to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
At this point our Internal Complaints Procedure is considered to have been exhausted. Should you now wish to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (which must take place within 6 months of receiving our Final Response), please find below the relevant contact details:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
You should refer the matter to the Ombudsman as soon as possible after our final response, but this must be within 6 months of the date of our final response.
Please note: Whist you can refer your complaint to the Ombudsman at any time, they’ll need our consent to investigate complaints where:
- We haven’t had a chance to put things right.
- We haven’t exceeded the 8 week timescale and haven’t issued your final response letter.
There are certain types of complaint which are outside the Ombudsman's jurisdiction. Before you refer the matter to the Ombudsman you may wish to call them on 0800 023 4 567 to discuss your complaint (calls to this number are free on mobile phones and landlines). You can also visit their website on www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk for more information.